Monday, September 10, 2007

Wow!!

WOW... that is all I can say!! My MIL just called me and told me her 16 year old niece is in the hospital... In labour.... No one even knew she was pregnant... she only told her parents because she was having contractions! DH and I saw her a few weeks ago and I told him she looked pregnant, but then we thought no way... she just gained weight! I can't believe this! We don't know if its healthy, if she received any prenatal care, the sex... nothing- I guess we will find out in a few hours when she delivers! I can't help but feel horrible for her mother, she is such a nice woman- and she must feel so horrible now- I can't believe this.

I broke down to DH after I hung up with my MIL... how come a 16 year old high school student can get pregnant so easy and I have to go through all of this!!

I am still in shock!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow is right. Even though I'm a teeny bit jealous, I do feel bad that she went through 9 months of that alone. Must be so hard on you, though.

Busted said...

I don't even understand how someone can hide a pregnancy through delivery!

Cynthia said...

My DH and I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years I found out I have PCOS. We found out about 2 months ago that my 15 year old sister who has only been dating her BF for 3 months. is PREGNANT! So I know EXACTLY how you feel!