Thursday, January 24, 2008

Update from Next Steps appt...

I went to my "next steps" appointment today, it went well! My doctor has decided to up my Clomid to 150mg as I wasn't responding to the last dose as well as she would like to see. She did warn me that my side effects will get worse and that the chance of cysts increases... as does the chance of multiples!! I also asked about the metformin and the side effects and I mentioned the pharmacist recommended an extended release pill... she happily switched me to that! She was also really pleased with my weight loss- 17lbs since December!!

I am going to do the 150mg for the next 3 cycles, monitored by my 7dpo P4 levels (progesterone levels 7 days post ovulation). I asked what comes next ifthe next 3 cycles don't work... she said we will meet again May 5th and then take a break cycle followed by some "Non OHIP" options- which means IUI... eeek! We have to save some serious money for that- not a penny is covered by mine or DH's insurance... and I am not sure if the appointments, ultrasounds and blood work for it are covered either... we are looking at about $1000 a month for that.

Well I am off to bake some cookies... :)

No comments: